When a user creates a News Post on a SharePoint site there are a couple of options out-of-box that will send some notifications. However, if an user accesses the Microsoft Teams, for example, he will never know something as been added to the site. So the option shown on this blog post is the most easy and fastest way to get information to Microsoft Teams.
This option has some limitations since not allow you to get the information from a specific Site Collection. At the time of this blog post, you can only use the SharePoint site that is created by Microsoft Teams when Team is provisioned. Then each time that you publish a News Post on that particular site, it’ll create a Conversation inside your Microsoft Teams.
- Open the Microsoft Teams on the Team that you want to apply this
- Click on (…), option on top right
- Select Connectors and search for SharePoint News
- Then select Add, and a new Modal will pop-up with the details of the connector and click again Add
- After that, you’ll see a description and click on the option to Save
Now the connection between the Microsoft Teams and SharePoint site is done, so each time that something is published on that site as News-Post, it will automatically create a new conversation on the Microsoft Teams Team Channel. On this conversation will have a link to open directly the news post.