Often I do remote sessions where I need to request control over the other person PC. However, the Microsoft Teams has this option is deactivated by default. That can make this meeting to take longer and in the next blog post, I’ll let you know on how to activate this option on Microsoft Teams.
If you’re looking to configure this option just for some specific users instead of all organization, check the next blog post:
- Open the Microsft Teams Admin center – https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
- Click on Meetings > Meeting Policies
- Select the Global (Org-wide default)
- Go to the section Content Sharing
- Activate the option Allow an external participant to give or request control
Now the external users can request control on teams when your user’s are doing a meeting sessions. Note that in order to take control over the desktop, your users need to accept it. The option immediately above can be also useful inside an organization.